Monday, December 6, 2010

BBC romance anyone?

So recently I've been watching a bunch of british romance movies. Now I love romance films regardless but there's just something magical about a british romantic film. I don't I feel they just do romance better than anyone else. Visiting the U.K is definitely on my "to-do" list. Anyways so back to what I was talking about, I get side-tracked a lot. Like I was saying, I absolutely love british romance films. This weekend I literally just sat in the house with the fire going and watched a whole bunch of them. Every single Jane Austen adaptation, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth movie was watched and after that, I still wanted more. Like I said before, there is something magic about these films. When you watch them you feel as if anything can happen. Like you'll visit a coffee shop and suddenly you'll bump into the most gorge guy ever. Or even that Hugh Grant himself will knock on your door. Okay so maybe that last one was a bit over the top but that's how one feels after watching theses films and only have I been watching the films. I've also been reading the books as well. I'm becoming the biggest romantic ever.   But in a way I kind of like it. Especially when the holidays are so close. To bad I'm recently single, oh well. At least I have Colin, Hugh and Robert.
Mmmm...Robert Pattinson.
Okay getting side tracked once again. So anyways I've made a list of my favorite british romance movies that every romantic should see. I'm absolutely sure that these films will turn the biggest cynic into a romantic.

1. Pride and Prejudice (2005 and 1995)
2. Sense and Sensibility (1995 and 2008)        
3. Notting Hill
4. Northhanger Abbey (2007)
5. North &South (ROMANTIC)
6. Lost in Austen
7. Emma (2009)
8. Mansfield Park (1999 and 2007)
9. Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
10. Under The Greenwood Tree
11. Persuasion (2007)
12. Little Dorrit (2008)
13. I Capture The Castle

Those are my absolute favorite. I you like them as much as I did. What am I talking about, you'll love them.

-Andy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment