Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All you need is love...and music!!

Dear Friends,
I think it goes without saying I'm the worst person in the world to have a blog. I've been neglecting it for a long time but before you begin to chew my head off, I have an excuse. Lately I've been extremely busy with work and a whole bunch of other stuff that I've had no time to blog. I'll have you know that while all this was happening I've been feeling horrible that I haven't blogged in forever. At times if felt as if my heart was being ripped out of my body and tossed aside. But, neglecting Truffles has come to and end. From now on I vow to be a devoted blogger. Cross my heart and all that good stuff. So in other words let's start this post off with a happy start. I've been really inspired by music lately. Then again I'm always inspired but music so that's nothing new. But lately with all the amazing up and coming artists and bands, a new wave of inspiration has washed up and gobbled me up. I feel that music plays such a huge part in the way we dress that it's sort of hard not to be inspired all the time by it. Plus, with all the music festivals (Cochella, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza) just around the corner, you can be sure fashionistas around the world will be beaming with anticipation to see what who will wear. So I've decided to list a couple of the bands and artists that are inspiring me at the moment. Hopefully they'll inspire you as much as they have inspired me. Hope all of you have a great week and if you have any artists or bands that are inspiring you feel free to shoot me a comment or email because I'm always open to listening to new music!!

                                           1.Ellie Goulding
LightsI've been listening to Ellie since before she became big in the states. She's such an increible artist and her new album, Lights, is insanely good. Every track on the album is as beautiful as it is enchanting. My favorite tracks on the album are Lights, Your Song, The Writer, and Salt Skin. Check her out!! (click on Lights) 





Torches [+Digital Booklet]2.Foster The People
If you haven't heard of these guys before, you're crazy. They already have a huge fan base and with their upbeat, electric sounds, it's not to have a truck load of fans. Every one of their songs on their debut album, Torches, is uplifting and perfect for summer. My favorite tracks are Pumped Up Kicks, Miss You, and I Would Do Anything For You. Check them out!! (click on Torches)

Pickin' Up The Pieces3. Fitz and The Tantrums
Every morning while I'm getting ready for class or work I'll tune into VH1's Top 20 Countdown. One morning I was in a rush and these guys came on. I literally stopped what I was doing and glued myself to my flat screen until they were done. The good part was that I walked away with a new favorite band, the bad was that I was twenty minutes late to class. Either way, this bad is amazing. They're not relatively new but they're amazing nonetheless.  They're music reminds me of something right out of the 50's. Their follow up album to Songs for a Breakup is called Pickin' Up The Pieces and it's beyond good. My favorite tracks are MoneyGrabber, New's 4 U, and Tighter. Check em' out!! 

Mr. Green4. Carney
My heart beats a bit faster every time I hear that name. If you could see me right now, you'd see I'm blushing so much I look like a tomato. This has to be my favorite out of all of them. You probably already know the lead singer, Reeve Carney, as Spider-man on Broadway's Spider-man: Turn Off The Dark but when the whole band get together, they make Carney. With Reeve on lead vocals and his brother, Zane, on guitar. Their debut album Mr. Green, is nothing but incredible and filled with unbelievable tracks. This band is soon to be one of the biggest things out there and it doesn't hurt that Reeve and Zane are crazy gorgeous! Check em' out!! 

Codes And Keys5. Death Cab For Cutie
Now this band is far from new and has been in the game for a long time. They're one of my favorite bands of all time and I'm absolutely in love with they're new album Codes And Keys. If you're just finding out about these guys, once again you're crazy. They never seem to disappoint whenever they make an album and with the light and tranquil vocals of Ben Gibbard, it's impossible not to see why. My favorite tracks on this album are You're A Tourist, Portable Television, and Friday Morning. Along with all the other songs on this album but I don't feel like listing them all. So if you haven't checked them out already, shame on you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment