Thursday, August 18, 2011

Denim Galore

Denim Galore

Denim Galore by truffles featuring lightweight jeans
Ah yes, Denim. No wardrobe would be complete without a couple of these key pieces. Almost every person in the world has a favorite pair that they absolutely just can't live without. You know, that special pair that you find your hands reaching for every time you're planning a night out or even a night in. Whether your favorite pair happens to be a sophisticated flare or the classic skinny. Either way, I know you know what I'm talking about when it comes to jeans. But in order to fully grasp your head around the idea of denim you have the understand the language. So allow me to educate you in a little lesson I call, Denim 101. Now first thing's first, find out what works best for you. You see, what works for someone else might not exactly work for you. 
Now don't panic because I'll admit, shopping for the perfect pair of jeans can be similar to figuring out which haircut to get. It's both exhausting and complicated but once you figure out what looks best on you and what you like then it should be pretty easy. When I shop for jeans the first thing I take into consideration it fit. Once you find a pair of jeans that both fit wonderfully and look as amazing, then you can pretty much assume that's the pair you'll never want to take off. People also tend to think that when it comes to denim it's all black and white without any room for a faded shade of grey. Well I'm here to tell you that, that is completely untrue. There are a wide range of style when it comes to jeans. Here are just a few that I'm utterly in love with at the moment.

1. Boyfriend. This style is my complete favorite. Not only are they incredibly comfortable but they're shockingly stylish. Who'd of guessed that something found in your hubby's closet might actually chic. That is unless your hubby happens to be non other than Chuck Bass, anything that dude wears is insanely fashionable. I'm a huge fan of menswear and being gangly growing up, I never did like clothes that were skin tight or form fitting. Maybe because there wasn't much for my clothes to hug. I was never one who possessed  curves such as those like Scarlett Johanson or Marylin Monore. Realizing I'd never be voluptuousness, I discovered there was a way I could actually look amazing in my clothes. Instead of buying clothes to fit my non existing curves, I'd buy clothes that gave the impression of curves. I then started buying clothes that fit loosely and in larger sizes. The outcome was pure genius. So you can imagine why this style of denim happens to be my favorite of all and will remain to be till the day I die, or at least till the day I suddenly wake up baring a body like Sophia Loren. 

2. Flare. I have to admit that before I opened up the new issue of Vogue, I had said "so long" to my flare denim. Every time I think of flare denim the thought of my preppy, Abercrombie wearing, high school days comes to mind. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about allow me to fill you in. When I was in high school, flared, Abercrombie jeans were all I wore. That, along with a Abercrombie polo to match. You can pretty much sum the visual, not pretty. So when I discovered that flared jeans were actually a enormous trend come Fall, I was a little more than shocked. Then I opened up my Vogue and saw some of the examples and I had to admit, the trend was beginning to grow on me. When paired with a beautiful blouse, tucked into the jeans of course, the trend can actually be both feminine and quite classy. I had no idea why I hadn't thought about this first, after all, weren't the 70's all about the flare jeans? So now, with ultimate consideration, I've decided to give the style of flared denim a chance. The results of this decision, brilliance. 

3. Skinny. The list of favorite denims wouldn't be complete without the classic skinny. This trend, to me, happens to be the sexiest of all five. There's something so sensual about slipping on a pair of form fitting "skinnie's". Despite what I said about form fitting clothing, skinny jeans are the only exception I make. Besides, when worn with sky high pumps, I almost feel comfortable about being gangly and feel as though I'm ready to walk a runway. Key word in that sentence, "almost". This trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere and hopefully it stays like that.

4. Pattern. Now this is a newer trend for me and when I say new, I mean I literally started wearing them a week ago. This trend is slowly becoming a favorite of mine and is close to pushing the "Boyfriend" style to the side. Okay, maybe not that close but you get my point. I'm a huge fan of edgy pieces and patterned denim definitely pushes the limits edgy. 

5. Colored. I've never really been a huge fan of colored jeans but I will admit I do own a couple of pairs. Recently I was invited to attend a lunch with one of my girlfriends and I had the exact outfit in mind that I was going to wear and it happened to involve my fave skinny jeans. Well, when the actual day of the lunch came, my fave pair of skinny jeans just so happened to be sitting in a sad lump on top of my dirty pile. Of course I panicked because the only pair of jeans that weren't dirty was a pair of red skinny jeans that hung way in the back of my closet with the tag still in place. Suddenly, a vision flashed through my mind. I had decided to pair my new, unworn, red skinny jeans with a stripped tee finished off with a black blazer. The result, pure genius. Since that day, I've decided to reconsider the way I felt about colored denim. I also realized that blue jeans don't have to be, well, blue. Sometimes something unpredictable can turn out to be something glorious. Fashion doesn't always have to be predictable but that's what makes it fun. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and step out of your comfort zone when it comes to fashion. After all, playing it safe is so boring. 

Hope this post inspired you all to come up with your own trends and remember, don't take fashion to seriously. Just keep in mind that when trying out trends, have fun. Figure out ways you can make the trend your own by adding some of your own flare to it. Hope you all have an amazing rest of the week and remember to stay safe. 
xoxo
Sandra Rose :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment