Friday, August 12, 2011

I close my eyes then re-open them to chaos.

Hey Everyone!
Hope you all had an amazing week. I know I said on Twitter that I was going to have a new, actual post today but due to some enlightened events, I thought I try something different. I'm sure all of you have heard the news about insane riots that have been going on in London. If you haven't then maybe it's time you turned of the Jersey Shore and turn on the news. It wasn't too long ago that I was blogging about the bombings in Norway, now I turn on CNN and there's a new story about riots being started in the U.K. It goes without saying that peace is a foreign thing at the moment but honestly, is it too much to ask to simply get along? I have said this way too many times which makes the situation even more depressing. It honestly breaks my heart to turn on the news and discover that somewhere else on the earth some country is at war or someone was murdered for no good reason. Some people find it easy to blame God when a crises arises which tends to piss me off even more. People act as if the actions they choose to do are simply not their own fault but someone else's. Oh sure, that makes perfect sense. God isn't the person we should be blaming. The people we should be blaming is ourselves. Okay, so maybe you weren't the one who started the riots in London or the bombings in Norway but that's not what I meant. I meant that maybe if we all tried to enforce a little something called peace, maybe things wouldn't be as bad. You may not know it but you have the power to actually change the world. Your actions have effects and if they're put to good use, then maybe we can all change the world. So instead of whining about how the world is so corrupt, do something about it. Now of course when I say do something about it I don't mean go out there and try to stop a serial killer or a terrorist. That stuff only works if you're Superman or Obama. You can however change the world in the smallest way, even if you think that, that small way is ridiculous, it actually helps. A great way to start helping would be to check out DoSomething.org. There you'll find amazing ways to help out and try to make the world a bit brighter. I've been familiar with DoSomething for almost three years and have joined numerous amounts of groups that specialize in  things such as Animal Welfare, Fighting Aides, Domestic Violence and World Peace to name a few. You can even start your own organization or group and help people in a more large way. But if you're no ready to make that big of a leap then feel free to make an account and browse instead. DoSomething is such an amazing website and so many famous charities have started out on there. This is in no way a promotional post and I'm not getting paid a penny to write this. DoSomething is a website I swear by and have been an active member on since 2009. I just feel that since the all these events have been happening, it wouldn't hurt to want to help. So if you want, you can check out the website by just clicking here or you if you know about another website that specializes in ways to help the world become a better place, feel free to send me an email or comment because I'm always looking for ways to help out. Some people collect buttons, I like to help. You can also check DoSomething out on their Twitter, @dosomething. Hope you all have an amazing weekend and feel free to send me your ideas on ways we can make the world a little bit brighter.
xoxo
Sandra Rose :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment