Friday, December 10, 2010

Two-Way Friday :)

Dear Lovers,
I've recently been on prowl for that perfect grandpa sweater but have no luck funding one. I've literally searched high and low, vintage store after vintage store and have come up empty handed. I honestly think a big and baggy grandpa sweater is a huge key piece for a perfect wardrobe. You can wear with anything day or night. I mean I have like a hundred cardigans but none that are what I've been looking for. You know the one that has elbow patches and is really slouchy? Well that's the one I had in mind and I have yet to find it. Well anyways I wanted to try something new. I've decided to come up with one key piece such as a sequined blazer or even a pair of jeans and make two outfits. One for day and one for night. I'll try and make the one key piece a day outfit and the other a night outfit and I've decided to do this at the end of every week. I know it's probably been done before but not in my way. So I thought I'd add a little of my own flavor to spice it up. I'm going to call it Two-Way Fridays. So our first Two-Way Friday is going to involve a grandpa sweater. I've found an adorable cardigan at Old Navy which I just had to get the moment I saw it, among several things. I got the cardigan in both grey and black. I've decided to use the grey one but you can use the black one if you like. I hope you enjoy the two outfits I've put together and may they inspire you come up with your own!


The Main Event, The Cardigan!

I loved the fact that this sweater pulls of a huge trend right now (sequins) but in such a low-key way. I always find it hard to pull this look off without overdoing with the sequins. So when I found this, it was perfect. I think if you want to pull of this trend, you have to be subtle with it. Like if you're going to sequins try and do it with accessorizing. You could wear a sequined beanie, necklace or even bangles. Cause you don't want to end up looking like a disco ball because you over did it with the sequins.










Day Look!




For this look I've decided to pair the cardigan with a tweed bubble skirt and since this is a day outfit and not a night one, you must wear tights. You don't want to freeze your ass off do you? Didn't think so. I've posted the tights I wore with this outfit on the bottom. I also wore this exact headband with the outfit. Recently I was bored online and everybody knows that can never be good. Well luckily for me, it lead to this awesome website that specializes in jeweled headbands. They also specialize in a ton of accessories such as necklaces and bracelets. I'll post the website on the bottom if you want to check it out. Now as for what I wore under the cardigan, I decided to go with
a sheer white tank top from American Apparel. I absolutely love going there for my basics such as tights and tank tops. For shoes I wore these gorge wedged ankle boots that I bought at vintage store in Georgetown. Since my camera is a wreck right now I'll try and post a picture of the shoes when my camera is feeling better. As for what I did with my hair I just wore in down in loose waves along with the headband.






















Night Look!


Now for the night look I decided to pair the cardigan with sequined leggings I bought in summer at H&M. I fell absolutely in love when I first laid eyes on these leggings, they're completely gorge. Then I decided to finish the look with some simple grey pumps from Forever Twenty-One. I find myself in awe with the heels at Forever Twenty-One. At first I was skeptical because gorge shoes for such a low price can only mean they're really cheap. So I decided to take a chance and buy a pair and once I did, it was the best decision I ever made. They're incredibly comfortable and surprisingly are good quality. I bought a pair two years ago that are incredibly beautiful and they still look brand new. Plus they have so many amazing pairs that it's hard not to pick up twenty and head straight to the register. As for a shirt to go on the
bottom, I decided to just wear a simple blue tank top from Forever Twenty-One. I found that the blue looked really well with the grey and black. It was really pretty and added a pop of color to such as simple but sexy outfit. I also rolled up the sleeves of the cardigan a bit. Now at first I was contemplating on wearing a sequined mini instead of the leggings but since I live in D.C, the weather wasn't really agreeing. So I decided to go with this instead and I'm happy that I did. As for my hair, I just put into a loose low bun and teased the roots for a bit of volume. I also added my mother's Swarovski Crystal bib necklace with this.






Hope you liked!!
-Andy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment