Sunday, December 12, 2010

Torn between two cities :)

Dear Readers,
I can not wait for Christmas! I've been tweeting, talking (incisively), and you can even catch me singing a Christmas tune every now and then. It's that one time of year when everyone just seems nicer, sweeter, and cheerier. Since I love in the city it's only better because there's just something about living in the city during the holidays. I don't what it is but everything just seems magical. Despite the honking of loud car horns or the extra pollution in the air, the city seems a bit brighter during Christmas. I've lived in D.C my whole life that I find it unbearable to live anywhere else, except New York. New York and D.C will always have my heart, I guess I'm just torn between the two. I remember when I was younger my mother would always treat me to a hot dog while we'd visit a museum or two. There's so much culture in D.C that you find it hard not to fall head over heels for it. Especially if you're going to take a trip down to U street. Oh my gosh it's my favorite. A little bit over ten years ago it wasn't the best neighborhood to live in or even visit but if you visit now, you'll be pleasantly surprised. It has turned into one of D.C's best kept secrets. Whether it's getting a bite to eat at Ben's Chili Bowl or even spending the day at Meridian Hill Park (one of my favorite places in the world), you'll never want to live anywhere else.
Or when the holidays roll into town you're definitely going to find me in Old Town Alexandria. You can see the brightness from all the Christmas lights from miles away. I personally love to just chill in one of of the gazebos that sits on the water overlooking the National Harbor. Plus during the summer there's this "to die for" crab shack that's also on the harbor. So you can get a bucket of shrimp and sit by the water, it's absolute heaven. Now I don't think I'd be a true Washingtonian if I didn't spend a bunch of my time in Georgetown!
Yes, Georgetown or "Georgie" as my best friend likes to call it. not only is the shopping fabulous but the night life isn't bad either. Georgetown probably has one of the best club scenes ever. My besties and I have spent numerous Saturday nights at the L 2 Lounge and should set up camp outside of the 9:30 club since we've gone there two many times to listen to amazing bands. D.C has much more to offer than just a huge statue that resembles a sharp pencil or even the address of or country's leader. Nope, D.C is much more than that. D.C is the comfort for all things sad. It's one of the best places to live and if you don't already live here, I honestly don't know what you're waiting for. I am beyond happy that many years ago my mother decided to move from Texas to D.C and settle down. Of course I was born four years later and grew up to be incredibly fond of D.C. While some people may be skeptical and tired of the places they live. I've been blessed to have been born in a place where I have no intentions of leaving. I've been so lucky to have been born in a place that I will and always hold near and dear to my heart. Not only has D.C captured my heart but it's swallowed it up completely. I'm so happy to call the wonderful state that goes by the name      
of D.C, my home!

-Andy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment