Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dear Darlings,
It's 4:30 on a brisk Saturday morning here in D.C. What you know, I'm blogging. It seems that old Blogspot.com has got me whipped. Anyways, so I hope all of you had a good week and hopefully haven't forgotten your New Year's resolutions already. Me, I never seem to keep up with anything. Yup, I'm a slacker...oh well. so I was cleaning out my closet earlier today and I realized something. Yes, a huge light bulb was resting above my head I'm sure. I realized that the things I was throwing away were things that could simply change an outfit into fabulous instead of totally drab. I hadn't realized before that I have a lot of different things that could be worn in different ways. Take a simple white mens buttoned shirt from The Gap that I had convinced myself I was over with. Thinking that there was no other possible way to wear the shirt, I was wrong. I had took the shirt and tucked it into these new tweed shorts I had just bought at Urban Outfitters. I then finished the outfit off with some simple black opaque tights from F21 and a headband with a huge bow on it.  Once I had looked into the oversized mirror in my bedroom, I was convinced the shirt was not going to Good Will. Blair Waldorf would have been oh so proud. I had then found two other new ways to wear the shirt and was glad I didn't give it away. You see, when you think you're through with something and have had enough of it, think twice because a second look could give you a whole new perspective. Just thinking about it now makes me wonder about the other pieces of clothing I've thrown away in the past without even thinking twice about it. I wonder if one of those pieces of fabric could have changed my entire closet. Then we sometimes have that one key piece that could transform your entire wardrobe. I mean to say that you may see an adorable cardigan but may only wear it once. When I go shopping I always have a strategy.

1. Before I walk into a mall without an idea of what I'm going to buy, I first look online and see what I want before I walk into that store. That way I know what I'm looking for and don't just go crazy buying every single cute thing I lay my eyes upon.

2. When it comes to picking clothing, I always ask myself if it's something I like or love. If it's something I like but aren't too crazy about, I put it back. Now on the other hand if it's something I absolutely cannot live without and absolutely adore, I get it.

3. Last but not least, I always think of my wardrobe at home. I picture what will the piece of clothing go well with and if I can wear it numerous times. If I find out that it doesn't really belong in my wardrobe or can only be worn once, I don't end up getting it.

You see when you go shopping always have a strategy or else you're going to spend way to much money than you set out to spend. Always make sure how much money you instead to spend as well. Unless you're extremely rich or a celebrity, be careful how much money you spend. Because sometimes that beautiful Coach turquoise messenger bag may look appealing at the register but once you've spent the dough, you're having seconds thoughts. It's happened to me too many times before hence why I've invented a strategy. Don't get me wrong though, I love to shop and do whenever I can. I just know how to spend my money wisely I guess  you could say, although to some people that may sound confusing and contradicting. Oh well, hope you all have a great weekend and if you are planning on going shopping, think before you buy. Strategize and come up with a way to make your money last. Or you can end up with thousands of items in your closet that will never see the light of day. But hey, they were cute at the moment. It's you choice, spend or save?

-Andy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment