Wednesday, February 2, 2011

California Girls

Dear Readers,
Recently I read an article in TeenVogue about East Coast fashion vs. West Coast fashion. Personally, I've been falling head over heels with the West Coast. Despite wanting to live nowhere else other than the East Coast, I've gotta go with West Coast's sense of style. They seem to have a very laid back, hippie vibe going on and that just makes my heart quicken. As much as I love to look put together and elegant at times, most of the time I just want to be comfortable and look chic at the same time. With East Coast fashion you can't really do that. Now I don't want to get anyone mad who lives in the East Coast because I watch Gossip Girl and I've got to say, East Coast has got it going on as well. It's just personally, I just dig the laid back vie a bit more. With bloggers like Rumi Neely and actresses like Miley Cyrus, it's hard to fall in love with the way West Coasters are dressing. My favorite West Coast fashionista would have to be non other than Miss Chanel Iman. A TeenVogue model who knows how to pull off the West Coast style just right. With her hippie inspired looks and vintage frocks, the girl has my approval %100 of the way! Now, for those of you who don't have a clue as to what it is to dress like a West Coaster, have no fear. A west Coaster likes to keep it simple but look chic at the same time. What with the scorching weather down there, you can basically throw on a white tank and some ripped up shorts and look effortlessly fashionable. Take a hint from Rumi Neely, fashintoast, the girl can do no wrong in my book. With her 70's inspired looks and unbelievable style, Miss Neely is the queen of California style done right. For top stores that specialize in the West Coast style try H&M, Forever21, Modcloth.com, and Topshop.com. All of those are sure to have what your looking for to pull off this incredible and chic style!


California Girls
California Girls by ssalathe10 on Polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment