Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grammy's!!

Dear Readers,
Happy Valentines Day! I have no idea on earth why I put an exclamation mark at the end of that first sentence. For me Valentines Day is literally the worst day of the year. It's not that I haven't had Valentines, I just don't see the point in the day. Why should there be only one day when we celebrate being in love? I just think it's a way for candy companies and flower shops to make money. Not to mention Hallmark gets a huge audience during this time of year. Why not tell that special person you love them all the time? Plus, what about the people who aren't in love and don't have valentines, what about them? I just think Valentines Day is a waste of time not to mention it singles out the lonely hearts and yes, I'm one of them. I cannot tell you how bad it feels walking around the mall with my hands full of shopping bags when everyone else's are full with roses and candy. Fingers crossed that by next year, I'll have an Ian Somerhalder look alike to be my Valentine. Anyways, Valentines Day isn't the subject of todays post. I'd just thought I'd get what's on my mind out. The subject of this post is all about fashion, what else? And when I say fashion, I'm talking about the Grammy's. Yes, I'm doing a post solely dedicated to Grammy Fashion! Now I have to make a little confession, I didn't actually watch the Grammy's on Sunday night. Now, it wasn't because I didn't want to because I watch them every year. It's just that this year I went out to dinner with a couple of friends and totally forgot that the Grammy's were on. I felt horrible because I'm usually pretty good about TiVoing my shows. I guess I'e just been super busy and stressed lately but that's for another post entirely. So when I found out that missed the Grammy's, I immediately searched online for who wore what. What came up was a whole lot of good and a whole lot of bad but as usual, I'm only going to post the good. People out there who wore bad at the Grammy's, you know who you are. Hope you enjoy!
 
1. Miley Cyrus 
Now this is a name that hasn't been on a best dressed list in a while but it looks like Miley is making a
comeback. She looked stunning in a floor length Roberto Cavalli gown. Metallic was seen a lot on the red carpet at this years Grammy's and I'm sure the trend is here to stay. Everything was on point with Miley's look. Her hair, make-up and jewelry were perfect. Hopefully she keeps this up because I honestly do not like seeing the girl in torn clothes and cleavage bearing outfits.






                                    
2. Heidi Klum
Now this is a name that always appears on a best dressed list and this time is not different. Hedi looked absolutely timeless in a golden Julien Macdonald gown. The dress reminded me of something right out of the 30's, it was simply gorgeous. Everytime I see Hedi she always looks fabulous, who knows, maybe she'll be this weeks "It Girl".









3. Eva Longoria 
Oh my GAWD! I adored this look on Eva. She is definitely not letting a divorce get her down. This was definitely one of y favorite looks of the night. She looks fresh and chic in the Ashi Studio dress then again Eva always looks fresh and chic. The ruffles on the top of the dress is what caught my eye. It's so unique and simple at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen her in a horrible outfit. Okay that's a lie, flash back to 2001, I think you might find some unattractive looks. Who cares though, the girl is looking fabulous now and I think that we're going to see a lot of that now that she's single.

4.Selena Gomez
This young Disney starlet looked utterly breath taking in a J Mendel gown. The dress is simple but also beautiful as well. I loved how she decided to keep her hair long in waves and her make-up natural. She looked beautiful. Also, is it just me or does she sort of look a little like Kim Kardashian here? Thoughts?

5.Keri Hilson
I adored the blue Basil Soda dress Keri wore on Sunday. I loved how vibrant the color looked on her. It's such a beautiful color and it really goes well with her skin tone. Also, the detailing of the dress was so interesting and fun, I loved it. Not everyone decided to go with a short gown but Keri proved that no matter the length of the dress, you'll always look fabulous. Yes, I just rhymed. Regardless of my Dr. Suess moment, the girl looked incredible and there's no better way to put it.

6. Leann Rimes
Now despite what I think of the woman, she can dress. There was a lot of 70's glam on the red carpet Sunday night and Miss Rimes decided to follow that trend in a metallic Reem Acra gown. The dress is very loose fitted but it's also has a beautiful silhouette. The look is very elegant and classic which is why I loved it. Her make-up and everything else is on key, loved it all.
  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment